ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Spooky Branches


This was a super messy project but well worth it, in my opinion! 
I found the lesson HERE on the Elle & Lou blog and it gives great directions. 
Instead of charcoal, we used chalk pastels for the background

Grade 6 students started out by tracing a circle for the moon, then blending different dark tones of chalk pastel (including black) to create a moody night sky. 
The desks (and floor! and students!) were covered in chalk pastel!!

The next class students drew on a tree branch- this was really difficult for alot of them! I was actually surprised- even after I demonstrated it for them, quite a few struggled, so next time I teach this I will have them draw a practice branch first. Then they painted the branch using black tempera paint.


For the final step, they highlighted the tops of the branches with white chalk.














2 comments:

Mary said...

These are Wondeerful!

Miss said...

Thanks Mary :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...